Amazon Banner

Thursday, January 16, 2014

It is so easy




It is so easy


I have been testing crochet patterns for a fair amount of time. It took me a while to gain confidence. There is a process. The comfort with admitting I didn’t get it, Knowing (or hoping) that offering suggestions on things that might make it easier to understand, or what I thought would improve the pattern, would be appreciated. It has all taken time. Over this period, I have developed a great relationship with several designers; When I see them call out for testers, I try to get in the mix. I really enjoy the process, and have a lot of fun with it.  I have learned so much, I am actually excited to be able to give back to the community that has been so welcoming and helpful.
I am currently working a test with one of those designers. She sent me the pattern as a rough draft (her words, not mine)  Of course, I read it through, looking for the typo’s, and then collected my supplies.  Half way through the first round, I shot her an Email, offering the suggestions that made sense to me. Today, I decided that I would put those ideas into a tutorial, and offer it to any and all.
It is not rocket science, it is just an easy way to step up the finish look of any project crocheted in the round, by starting it a bit differently. This is what I call Reverse Join.   Reverse Join tutorial.  (link opens in a pdf)
I truly love the way this works,  I have not seen this in a pattern written by anyone else.  Please understand, It may be out there, Someone may have employed this technique, I am saying it has not been in a pattern I have worked.
I have thoughts on adding more of these little hints and tricks as time goes along. Please add me to the blogs you follow, so you will be notified when I post more of them.
Have a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you