Amazon Banner

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Grammy"s fixin Chicken Tenders



Several Years ago, I watched America's Test Kitchen. They showed how to do Homemade Chicken Nuggets.

I was very excited, but as they went through the ingredients, it was a longer shopping list than I wanted for one meal.

Into my pantry, to see what I MIGHT HAVE that might work.

I concocted my own, following the same general steps, Modification and tailoring is always a practice in cooking.  Restaurants balk at substitutions, but in your own kitchen, you do what you do.

I started with the Brine

2 Cups Water
1 Tablespoons Salt (iodized is best)
3 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce

Stir well, until salt dissolves
Soak Chicken Tenderloin, in zip lock bag for minimum of 2 hours. If doing nuggets, (30 min to an hour is plenty)  I am the type to put them in first thing in the morning, so I do not get sidetracked, and forget.



For the Coating, it was really Easy, I use 1/2 cup of each


Then Add 1 Teaspoon of these


Pretty Simple

Now for the Egg mix, where it get's dicey

Add 1 Tablespoon of milk to the eggs in the bowl. ( Removing the shells is optional)
I don't know can you manage this?


Drain the liquid, and dry the chicken pieces.


 Dip the chicken Tenders in the egg mixture, and allow the excess to drip back in the bowl

Coat with the dry mix


Return to the plate, place in fridge for at least 10 minutes. I have been known to let them rest, covered, in the fridge for a couple hours.

Keep your dry ingredients, as you will coat the strips one more time before frying them, but if you have pets, go ahead and cook the eggs to feed to them.  You dd not spice them, so there is nothing there that will hurt your animals, and why waste the food?

Now, that time has passed, and it is time to actually cook your food, Lets rock and roll.



You will need Vegetable Oil,   these are Uber Healthy don't you know!
A cooking Method,  I like this,



I am really able to control the temperature easier.  Now if you own a deep fryer, you have this, go eat


Just in case you need my glasses, that says 375*


Re~bread your tenders


And slide them into the hot oil.

Allow them to cook about 4 minutes. Turn them over to cook another couple minutes.


They will be beautifully golden brown

Allow to drain on paper towels, or on coffee filters if all else is unavailable



And Perfectly Cooked

Now, for Dipping Sauce,  I recommend
In equal parts. Store unused in a closed jar in the refrigerator.


The only way this will be any better, is if you add mashed potatoes, country gravy, corn on the cob and a big glass of fresh Lemonade.


Until next time
Grammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you