Amazon Banner

Thursday, May 8, 2014

The shift has to start somewhere!







This has become a major panic point in my life.

 

While some parts of the country are striving, others are failing.  It has become a blame game. Accusations fly, that the government, that corporations, that someone, continues to rake it in, while we the little guys, are struggling to put food on the table.



I do not want to put my energy into this.



I want to raise my self out of the mire that could consume me. I want the world to know that I am here. I have a product, and a service to offer. That comes with a price; just like the cheese burger at your favorite fast food chain.



I am researching two completely different approaches, so that my business can grow into the self supporting role it needs to be. While both are concepts at this moment, I think I may be on to something. I have faith, I know that you have faith in me, I look forward to sharing with you, the plan of action in the next few days.



In the mean time, I am asking you to consider the time you spend online looking at patterns for crochet.

Do you look entirely at Free patterns?

Do you look, and discover a beautiful design, then seek a free version?

Do you buy the patterns you like?

Do you find yourself following a particular designer's work?



As an independent (not paid by anyone) designer  (perhaps freelance would sound better, but that implies I have places to sell the finished product) I find it helpful to better know who I am reaching. Your comments will help me better provide for the needs of the audience I have.



You are in a special place. The ground floor as it were.  We have up to go, the elevator is under construction.



Link to my Ravelry Shop

Link to my Goodsmiths Shop



I despise the need to push for sales, and yet it is really important that I can hear the creative voice over the growls of a hungry tummy.



Until next time

Grammy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you